What Pushed Me to Quit My 9-to-5 Designer Job? | by Vikalp Kaushik | May, 2023

UX Planet

Securing a job isn’t a walk in the park.

When I finally landed my current job a year ago, I was over the moon with happiness.

Everything seemed perfect and exciting. On top of that, I started receiving a regular salary.

It felt like I was on top of the world for a while.

I had the power to buy things I’d only dreamed of before. Fancy new gadgets, snazzy clothes, and maybe other things as well.

Life was good, my friend.


Let me tell you, I am beyond bored and completely burned out from this whole 9-to-5 job.

Every day feels like a never-ending loop of the same old routine.

I mean, when I first started this job, it was all rainbows and unicorns. I was excited, pumped up, and ready to conquer the design world like a boss!

But guess what? Time passed, and the excitement fizzled out faster than a deflated balloon.

Now I’m stuck in this soul-sucking cycle of sameness, day in and day out. It’s like watching paint dry but without the satisfaction of a beautifully painted wall.

So, yeah, I need some spice in my life and some variety in my design work. I want to wake up in the morning and actually feel a sense of adventure, not just the urge to hit the snooze button a thousand times.

Now, let’s talk about this rollercoaster ride called work. Sometimes, I’m drowning in a sea of never-ending tasks, barely finding a second to breathe.

I mean, forget about a 1-minute break; it’s like time warps and zooms past while I’m hustling away. It’s a whirlwind of deadlines, emails, and frantic multitasking.

But then there are those other times. Those mind-numbing hours when I have absolutely nothing to do.

The well runs dry, and I find myself staring at the screen, wondering whether cats really do have secret meetings when we’re not looking.

In those moments, I become a master of pretending to be busy.

I’ve been at this job for a whole year now, and let me tell you, it’s high time for a change.

I mean, come on, it’s only fair. I’ve been putting in the hours, churning out top-notch work, and showing up with my game face every single day.

But here’s the kicker: My bank account is still crying in the corner, desperately begging for some extra digits.

So, I’ve decided it’s time to take matters into my own hands.

A long-awaited raise or finding a new job that comes with a higher paycheck.

The way I see it, I’ve earned my stripes, and it’s time for the world to recognize my true value.

And if the raise doesn’t come through, fear not! I’m ready to explore new opportunities and see what the job market has to offer.

Because, let’s be honest, if they won’t give me the raise I deserve, someone else surely will.

But hey, it’s not all about the money. Well, maybe it’s like 90% about the money, but there’s that remaining 10% where I also want a fresh challenge and a chance to grow.

Quitting a 9-to-5 job is no joke. It’s a big decision, and it’s all about what works for you. We’re talking about personal circumstances, career goals, and those deep, burning aspirations that keep you up at night.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a date with destiny — a blank canvas waiting to be painted with my wildest aspirations.

Subscribe here to get new articles delivered right to your inbox!

Follow me on Twitter for quick and insightful design tweets.

I’ll see you soon. Keep Designing.

Read the full article here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

YouTube Cross Platform Controls : Case Study

YouTube Cross Platform Controls : Case Study

After Spotify, YouTube has to be most the used audio streaming platform that is

Ironhack’s Prework: Milena Pupillo_Challenge1

Ironhack’s Prework: Milena Pupillo_Challenge1

Ironhack’s Prework: Milena Pupillo_Challenge1The subject of this case study is

You May Also Like